Excalibur 3926t – 9 Tray Food Dehydrator Review
The Excalibur 3926t Deluxe Series 9 Tray Food Dehydrator is a 9-Tray food dehydrator. This Excalibur food dehydrator is 17” x 19” x 12.5” and weighs approximately 22 pounds.This particular food dehydrator comes with 9 polycarbonate trays and polyscreen inserts that gives the user 15 square feet of tray space!
The Excalibur food dehydrator uses a heavy duty 7” fan powered by a 600 watt motor. It has an adjustable thermostat for temperatures between 85° and 145° F, and includes a 26 hour timer that shuts down after the time you set is up. It also has a built in on/off switch.
The case comes in two color options: black or appliance white. The trays only come in black
If you order through the manufacturer you can include an optional book: “Preserve It, Naturally!”
This model also comes with a 1 year Manufacturers warranty (with an optional 10 year extended warranty available)
Who is this food dehydrator best for?
This dehydrator is best suited for large families that will be using their food dehydrator on a regular basis – remember it has 15 square feet of tray space! It is also ideal for craftspeople, large gardeners (or people that grow a lot of their own food), and outdoors sportsmen.
This dehydrator is not ideal for people that will be making small batches of dried foods or just starting out and learning about how to preserve foods. Also, it is a large dehydrator and is not for people with limited space.
Pros of the Excalibur Food Dehydrator:
- The Excalibur unit uses a horizontal drying system at the rear of dehydrator which differs from other units. This setup allows the Excalibur 3926t dehydrator to provide even drying across the 9 trays. The drying air is pushed across the trays and out the front of the dehydrator.
- Along with the more even drying process, the horizontal setup eliminates the need to rotate your trays of drying food.
- Very good customer service
- The 3926t model has an auto shutoff timer
Cons of the Excalibur 3926t:
- The most common complaint seems to be that in some cases the fans on the unit either stop working or don’t work at all. Fortunately, in these instances Excalibur has been quick to replace the parts “no questions asked”.
- Given its size the fan and drying unit can be somewhat “noisy” as compared with smaller, cheaper dehydrators. Depending on where you plan on keeping this in your house – it could be an issue.
- Takes up a lot of space – but if your intent is to dry lots of food, then that may not be a problem. If you are limited in space though, the 3926t is probably not a good fit for you
- Can be difficult to clean again due to the size of the trays, the 3926t – some people have recommended cleaning the trays in the bathtub
Overall, this is probably the best home food dehydrator you can purchase.The 3926t works as advertised – not doubt about that. With a built in timer and auto shutoff it is much more convenient than other models.
Although, this dehydrator is not suited for the beginner or someone interested in drying small amounts of food – if you are serious about preserving and drying food, herbs, or even for lots of crafting – then the Excalibur 3926t 9 tray food dehydrator is a great choice for you.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (based on reviews through Amazon)
Here are a few testimonials from real owners:
Jeff – Rochester, MI, USA
This is my fourth dehydrating device (including an oven, a home built and a Ronco), and without a doubt it is the fastest and produces the most evenly dried food of any of the ones I have used.
Michelle – Texas, USA
I absolutely love the 9 trays. I can fill every one of them, with multiple things, and make huge batches all at one time, which is great for me. I can spend a few hours on a Saturday afternoon with the kids preparing everything, and then just let it work on its own all evening, taking the veggies out before bedtime, and letting the meats stay in overnight.
Ross – Casselton, ND, USA
I’ve used virtually every dehydrator on the market and even a few home-made versions. Trust me when I say that this dehydrator is the best you can get for the money.