Excalibur Dehydrator Reviews
Excalibur food dehydrators have the headline of: “America’s Best Dehydrators”. But do they live up to the hype? At Food Dehydrator HQ, we aim to be the comprehensive source of food dehydrators. The company has been family-run in California for the past 35 years, and the company even claims that even dentists use their products to dry plastic models of teeth! (We need a reference, Excalibur!)
We rank and review food dehydrators with several metrics.
- Customer Service
- Quality (Durability, Longevity, User-friendliness, Size)
- Ability to Dehydrate Evenly and Effectively
- Ability to Dry a Variety of Foods for Different Recipes
One thing you will notice immediately with Excalibur Dehydrators is the price. As we review the models, you’ll begin to realize that all Excalibur Dehydrators are made in America, which usually means two things. 1) The cost will be higher than Made-In-China dehydrators and 2) The Quality will be higher than the Made-in-China models. We often hear people explain they started with a less expensive Nesco Food Dryer and then eventually moved up to an Excalibur.
For example, Connie from Tallahassee says:
This dehydrator beats the round variety as it has the side fan and adjustable thermostat.
Whereas Brian from Michigan explains:
Makes a bit of noise (like a constant fan, no more than a dishwasher)
Excalibur dehydrators are often much larger than their circular cousins. In fact, some Excaliburs have almost 15 square feet spread out over their removable trays! Most people really enjoy this, for many of the reasons while some may prefer horizontal food dehydrators. We strongly suggest you read our analysis of whether a vertical or horizontal food dehydrator is right for you. With Excalibur dehydrators, you’re going to be able to easily prepare things like fruit leather, bread, yogurt, and larger pieces of fruit and jerky, or maybe even biltong – because they often have removable horizontal trays.
Benefits of Excalibur Dehydrators
Here at FDHQ, we’ve put together a list of general reasons why we enjoy drying with Excalibur.
- Made in USA using USA parts
- Family owned for 30 years
- Used by individuals and commercial food preparers
- Great for hunters, fisherman, and those eating healthy or raw food diets
- Only costs 4 cents of electricity an hour to run
- Only makes horizontal models, which have better temperature control than circular models
- Each horizontal try receives its own stream of warm air
- Has available models with temperature and timer gauge
- Timers can turn off dehydrator even when you are away
- For about 30-bucks, they offer a 10-year warranty
There are many reasons why an Excalibur Dehydrator may be right for you. Check out our individual reviews of the various models that Excalibur has to offer below!
- The Excalibur Dehydrator 3926t One of the most popular dehydrators on the market.